As a member of the DSM team since 1994, Lubben is responsible for the global activities of the company's Bio-Based Chemicals & Materials business - a group that brings together several global innovation teams focused on developing and commercializing renewable chemicals and downstream compounds. Lubben also serves as a board member of Reverdia, a large-scale facility for the commercial production of biobased succinic acid, which is a joint venture between DSM and Roquette.
"We are slowly, but certainly, starting the switch from a fossil-based to a bio-based economy," said Lubben. "Still at an early stage, it is clear there is no such thing as a silver bullet approach to force your way in. At DSM we believe that a profound understanding of the value chain and the integral relationship between biomass, products and applications are the most important keys to success in this emerging industry."
DSM is a leader in the chemical industry sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and believes sustainability is about more than compliance and social responsibility. DSM has made sustainability a business driver for the company based on its core values.
"With the knowledge and expertise Dr. Lubben has gained as a leader in the biotechnology industry and as part of the DSM team, he is one of the few people in his field who is in a position to know where industrial biotechnology is today and where it can go in the future," said
Keywords for this news article include: Biotechnology, SCD-iBIO, Chemicals, Chemistry.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills