ATLANTA -- Imagine Dragons' Wayne "Wing" Sermon remembered hearing all the childhood stories drummer Daniel Platzman used to tell about Music Midtown Festival.
Sermon, the guitarist of the four-man rock group, says Platzman called the festival an "epic" experience. The group is among 22 acts that will perform at the two-day festival, which kicks off in Piedmont Park in downtown Atlanta on Friday.
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phoenix, Kendrick Lamar, Journey, 2 Chainz and Weezer are some of the top acts at the festival, which drew more than 90,000 people last year. This year's performances will take place on three different stages.
The concert marks the third straight year Music Midtown will be held after a five-year break. It was first held in 1994, drawing as many as 300,000 people over three-days.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'