ATLANTA -- Imagine Dragons' Wayne "Wing" Sermon remembered hearing all the childhood stories drummer Daniel Platzman used to tell about Music Midtown Festival.
Sermon, the guitarist of the four-man rock group, says Platzman called the festival an "epic" experience. The group is among 22 acts that will perform at the two-day festival, which kicks off in Piedmont Park in downtown Atlanta on Friday.
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phoenix, Kendrick Lamar, Journey, 2 Chainz and Weezer are some of the top acts at the festival, which drew more than 90,000 people last year. This year's performances will take place on three different stages.
The concert marks the third straight year Music Midtown will be held after a five-year break. It was first held in 1994, drawing as many as 300,000 people over three-days.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics