ATLANTA -- Imagine Dragons' Wayne "Wing" Sermon remembered hearing all the childhood stories drummer Daniel Platzman used to tell about Music Midtown Festival.
Sermon, the guitarist of the four-man rock group, says Platzman called the festival an "epic" experience. The group is among 22 acts that will perform at the two-day festival, which kicks off in Piedmont Park in downtown Atlanta on Friday.
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phoenix, Kendrick Lamar, Journey, 2 Chainz and Weezer are some of the top acts at the festival, which drew more than 90,000 people last year. This year's performances will take place on three different stages.
The concert marks the third straight year Music Midtown will be held after a five-year break. It was first held in 1994, drawing as many as 300,000 people over three-days.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules