12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year shine at gala
CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT OF THE AIR FORCE JAMES A. CODY (http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographies/Display/tabid/225/Article/108848/chief-master-sergeant-of-the-air-force-james-a-cody.aspx)
The award recognizes 12 outstanding enlisted service members for superior leadership, job performance, community involvement and personal achievements.
"I don't have any hesitation that we have picked the right 12 people," Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force James Cody said. "They are an exceptional representation of the 690,000 Airmen serving in our
The chief master sergeant of the
Before a crowd of more than 600 people, the 12 Airmen stood arm-in-arm with family and friends as the emcee read the Airmen's accomplishments.
The 12 Outstanding Airmen earn the Outstanding Airman ribbon with the bronze service star device and wear the Outstanding Airman badge for one year. They also serve on the
The honorees are:
Duty title: Counterintelligence and Cyber Counterintelligence Superintendent
Highlights: In 2012, Fontaine drove multiple joint espionage investigations to secure spy convictions and protect
Duty title: Unit Education Training Manager
Highlights: Davis directly bolstered the experience and education of Airmen through training and education initiatives by facilitating 228 Career Development Course examinations and conducting 65 professional military education tests for joint service officers. He designed an upgrade training process that streamlined skill-level upgrades. He also simplified multiple
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama