As the only commercial scale producer and marketer of S-ABA products in the world, the patent further strengthens VBC’s global position with this important molecule. Abscisic Acid is a naturally occurring substance found in all plants, including fruits and vegetables. It is actively involved in a variety of important plant growth processes including dormancy, fruit ripening, fruit set, fruit coloring, abscission, germination, and response to stress conditions. VBC currently holds more than 40 ABA-related patents and sells commercial S-ABA products into agricultural markets around the globe.
“VBC has been researching ABA globally in multiple agricultural and non-agricultural applications since the early 2000s,” said Dr.
Shafer notes that VBC has several additional ABA-related patent applications pending both in the US and around the world, and that VBC is actively seeking parties potentially interested in further commercializing this technology. Inquiries can be submitted through the company’s website at www.valentbiosciences.com.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today