The expansion of cloud computing is triggering the explosion of information and driving a fast growing need for storage products that offer larger capacities and faster data transfers. The award recognizes both the high transfer speeds and large capacity specifications of Toshiba’s enterprise SSDs and HDDs, their design for reduced environmental impacts, along with environmental initiative by employees at Toshiba’s production site in
Toshiba promotes initiatives aimed at realizing a world where people lead affluent lives in harmony with the Earth, based on its environmental vision for 2050, and contributes to society through activities that include providing storage products that meet the most demanding requirements. Environmental Vision 2050: http://www.toshiba.co.jp/env/en/management/vision2050.htm
About The Green IT Award
The Green IT Award program aims to contribute to the creation of a society that can simultaneously achieve environmental conservation and economic growth through widely disseminating Green IT activities, focusing on "savings in IT-related energy consumption" and "energy conservation through the use of IT."
This award program publicly recognizes IT systems (IT devices, software, and services/solutions utilizing such devices or software) whose development/dissemination or use has helped reduce energy consumption in society.
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing
*1: Enterprise SSD PX02SM series, Enterprise HDD MK**01GRRB/GRRR series, AL13SEB/AL13SEL series, and MG03SCA/MG03ACA/MG03SCP series
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim