To provide the SPECT images MR has devised a system where the three gamma camera heads and focusing collimator can be easily clipped on to the front of the bore of the MRI scanner to provide state of the art 3D SPECT images. The SPECT images can be registered with the MRI images providing anatomical-functional combined capability. The SPECT gamma camera can also be used independently.
The PET capability is provided by new solid state detectors and ASIC technology which is incorporated in the bore of the MRI scanner. The scanner combines the exquisite structural and functional characterization of tissue provided by MRI with the extreme sensitivity of PET imaging for metabolism and tracking of uniquely labeled cell types or cell receptors. This is particularly useful in oncology [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oncology ], cardiology [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiology ], and neurology [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurology ] research.
MR Solutions' range of cryogen free, Benchtop, 3T MRI scanners (16, 31 and 72 cm bores) which was only launched at the beginning of the year has been a complete game changer in the field of pre clinical scanning. The new technology not only provides superior soft tissue contrast and high spatial resolution, a vastly reduced stray magnetic field and all the benefits that brings but also allows the magnetic field strength to be easily varied.
FOR MEDIA INFORMATION:
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition