Recently regulators are set to hand down roughly $750 million in fines against JPMorgan Chase over the bank's disastrous "London Whale" trading losses last year yet these fines remain unofficial and only revealed by people familiar to the negotiations.
However, this settlement could be announced as soon as this week and accordingly resolve investigations that were launched after JPMorgan revealed that its traders in London placed bad bets on credit derivatives that resulted in billions of dollars in losses.
And as for JPMorgan, the settlements will help put to rest months of upheaval at the bank that included the departure of senior executives and criminal charges against traders.
(c) 2013 ICN.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: JPMorgan Chase charged with $750 million
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Homebuilder Confidence at Highest Since January
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- 'Turtles' Easily Tops 'Expendables 3' at Weekend Box Office
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- St. Francis Names Rodriguez as New Dean