Recently regulators are set to hand down roughly $750 million in fines against JPMorgan Chase over the bank's disastrous "London Whale" trading losses last year yet these fines remain unofficial and only revealed by people familiar to the negotiations.
However, this settlement could be announced as soon as this week and accordingly resolve investigations that were launched after JPMorgan revealed that its traders in London placed bad bets on credit derivatives that resulted in billions of dollars in losses.
And as for JPMorgan, the settlements will help put to rest months of upheaval at the bank that included the departure of senior executives and criminal charges against traders.
(c) 2013 ICN.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: JPMorgan Chase charged with $750 million
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal