technology by 2020 -->
The official of the
"The chips would use very high frequency bands, called terahertz signals, which could move data at a rate of 100 GB per second. And that would be as fast as downloading three movies in a second," he said.
Further, ministry wants the technology in place in time for the Tokyo Olympics, he said, adding subcontractors would be recruited to take on the research.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.