Total deliveries of PCs in
Desktop sales were down 11.9 percent and notebook sales dropped 25.2 percent, while netbook sales declined by 97.6 percent. Tablets grew by over 70 percent in terms of revenue. Workstations had a positive performance (+8.5% in units sold and 0.8% in revenue), but with limited impact on the entire sector, given their small number (10,640 units).
In terms of revenue, the bulk of the market is divided between a few players, with Apple, Samsung, Acer, HP and Asus sharing 73 percent of the market.
Most Popular Stories
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida