education with Timico -->
Timico, the business internet, hosting and communications service provider, has signed a new contract with the
As part of a multi-million pound contract, Timico is helping the GDST to complete the biggest IT project it has ever undertaken - providing all 26 schools and academies across 42 locations with resilient fibre connectivity and a hosted
Making use of webinars from specialist teachers across the whole organisation via video conferencing, an increase in remote learning and even rolling out tablet computers to students are all among the GDST's plans to revolutionise the way that technology is used in its classrooms, all of which will be supported by an advanced IT infrastructure.
On top of this, Timico will be supporting all cross-site functions across each of the GDST's 42 locations, allowing for always-on connectivity, ideas sharing and interactive lessons across multiple sites with minimum effort.
"As our school portfolio grows and develops we need incredible connectivity and a reliable service which allows us to achieve future growth, flexibility and the ability to respond to change. Ultimately, we want to harness technology to help us provide the best possible education for our students."
Tony Tugulu, Director of Managed Networks at Timico, added: "The GDST has big plans for the future, so we had to provide them with a completely flexible solution which is responsive to change yet solid and dependable. The GDST has a fantastically rich heritage, so it's really exciting for us to support the Trust in the next phase of its development. The implications this technology could have for the future of education are fascinating."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal