Broadway titans Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti and Christian Borle have joined the cast for the live TV production of "The Sound of Music," NBC said Tuesday.
The 3-hour staging of the beloved musical is to air Dec. 5.
McDonald will portray Mother Abbess, while Benanti will play Elsa Schrader and Borle will play Max Dettweiler.
The Tony Award winners join previously announced stars Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer, who will play Maria and Capt. Georg Von Trapp respectively.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?