The residual HCPs are generated by organisms used for making recombinant biopharmaceutical products. They are considered as process-related impurities and are potential causes of adverse effects. Currently enzyme-linked immunosorbant assay (ELISA) is used to measure the residual HCPs. However, ELISA cannot provide any information on the HCP Western Blot composition, more importantly, studies have shown that non- immuno-reactive or weakly immuno-reactive proteins can be under-detected. Applied Biomics' 2D DIGE HCP Western Blot assays overcome these limitations and offer significant advantages over ELISA as well as the standard 2D Western Blot:
1) Visualization of HCP compositions: 2D DIGE HCP assays detect HCP compositions, modifications and fragmentations in a high resolution large 2-dimensional image.
2) High accuracy: 2D DIGE HCP assays quantitate each HCP spot, allowing the accurate assessment of the product purity.
3) High sensitivity: 2D DIGE HCP assays use fluorescent CyDye labeling, which uniformly labels proteins independent of their interactions with HCP antibodies. In addition, CyDye labeling has a higher sensitivity and wider dynamic range over the silver staining used in the standard 2D gel.
4) High consistency: 2D DIGE Western Blot offers a unique feature in which it detects both protein and Western Blot image from the same gel, allowing the HCP spots to align perfectly with Western Blot spots, thus eliminating any gel-to-gel or gel-to-membrane variations as seen in the standard 2D Western.
We have further tested and optimized our sample preparation protocols for all major organisms used for generating recombinant therapeutic proteins. We have successfully applied our HCP assays in these areas:
1) Detecting HCP contaminants originated from cells that are used to manufacture therapeutic proteins and vaccines
2) Evaluating the purity of therapeutic antibodies, recombinant proteins and vaccines
3) Characterizing the HCP antibody coverage
4) Monitoring and optimizing bioprocess
5) Characterizing batch to batch cell lines and products
We offer competitive prices and guarantee a one-week turn around time. Please refer to the following link for more information about Applied Biomics 2D DIGE HCP Western Blot assays: http://www.appliedbiomics.com/Services/hcp-antibody.html
About Applied Biomics
Applied Biomics is a Proteomics Service company established in 2005. We are centrally located in
We cover both major platforms of proteomics: Gel-based 2D DIGE (2-dimensional differential in-gel electrophoresis) and Liquid-based iTRAQ®. Our services cover from customized experimental design, sample preparations, protein separations/quantifications to protein identifications and publication-ready data. Our proprietary sample preparation procedures have been optimized for every specific sample types. The 2D DIGE / iTRAQ® are powerful platforms for quantitatively comparing changes in global protein expressions in various research applications.
H Wong, 510-887-0889
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses