x86 software H.265 codec SDK. Vanguard Video announced version 1.1 of V.265, its pure software codec, which supports both Main and Main10 (10-bit, 4:2:0) encoding profiles, real-time 1080p30 encoding, real-time 4Kp60 decoding, ultra high-quality dual-pass encoding, and an extensive set of optimizations for broadcast, video teleconferencing, and internet streaming.
ARM mobile software H.265 decoder. Also included in V.265 is a highly optimized, multi-core, real-time HEVC decoder, supporting the NEON SIMD optimizations. This provides developers the technology to create HEVC players on most existing Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
OpenCL GPU H.265 acceleration. Vanguard Video is previewing an OpenCL GPU HEVC encoder accelerator that more than doubles the performance of the V.265 software encoder running on the main processor. This technology is being demonstrated at the
FPGA Real-time H.265 encoder pipeline. Vanguard Video is showcasing a hardware-based HEVC Intra-frame encoder which implemented on Xilinx Kintex-7 and Virtex-7 reference platforms. The HEVC encoder is provided as an IP core to developers to integrate into their video processing FPGA solutions.
"As a long-time supplier of high-quality video compression technology, we are excited to be among the first to provide high-performance H.265 codecs across a broad range of hardware and software platforms,' said
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief