The tranSMART Foundation, a non-profit organization providing a global, open-source knowledge management platform for scientists to share their pre-competitive data, today announced the release of tranSMART version 1.1. Originally developed as an internal project by
“Scientists at universities, non-profit research organizations, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are struggling to effectively leverage the massive amounts of high-quality research data available to advance their studies,” said tranSMART Foundation co-CEO
The Foundation’s co-CEO,
The tranSMART Foundation is a partnership between the
As an open source solution, several leading U.S. and European-based academic, pharmaceutical and service provider organizations have contributed to this release through code development, quality assurance, testing, scientific data contribution, and hosting services for “demo” instances.
Please visit: http://www.transmartfoundation.org/site/tm-r11-splash for access to release notes, documentation, source code, and other resources. Training and support for the user community is provided by the tranSMART Foundation, as well its network of service providers.
About The tranSMART Foundation
The tranSMART Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides an open-source, cloud-based, data-sharing and analysis platform that enables scientists at universities, disease foundations, pharmaceutical companies, and government agencies around the world to share pre-competitive data in a way that saves money and time in translating research findings into new therapies and diagnostic tools. Founded to steward the tranSMART platform, the Foundation is led by the
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11123518.htm
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.