"Spiceworks 7 represents a major step forward that's already streamlining how we manage our entire technology environment," said
Free mobile device management capabilities
According to Spiceworks'
Through its partnership with
Additionally, Spiceworks users will be able to upgrade to premium services from MaaS360 for additional mobile security and management capabilities. These include enforcing security policies, configuring devices over-the-air, remote support such as locking devices and resetting passcodes, and distributing applications to individual or groups of devices.
New inventory functionality makes scanning a breeze
Spiceworks 7 also includes updates to its inventory and scanning capabilities to help IT professionals get a full picture of their environment including the computers, servers, routers, switches and applications running on their network. The inventory application lets IT professionals customize their scanning and inventory experiences, and new scanning workflows help IT departments inventory hard-to-decipher devices in an intuitive way that makes the scanning and inventory process easier. These additions allow IT professionals to easily control scanning across very large, complex network environments.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses