With the arrival of iOS 7 on Sept 18th, Apple will finally remove the beta label that has been associated with Siri ever since it was introduced with the iPhone 4S in 2011. Siri uses a natural language user interface to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions by delegating requests to a set of Web services. In iOS 7, Siri gets a new look, a new sound, and new capabilities. It features a redesigned interface that fades into view — on top of whatever's on your screen. A clearer, more natural-sounding female or male voice makes Siri even easier to understand. It's faster at answering questions and it checks more sources, such as Bing, Wikipedia, and Twitter. And Siri takes on extra tasks, like returning calls, playing voicemail, controlling iTunes Radio, and more
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict