With the arrival of iOS 7 on Sept 18th, Apple will finally remove the beta label that has been associated with Siri ever since it was introduced with the iPhone 4S in 2011. Siri uses a natural language user interface to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions by delegating requests to a set of Web services. In iOS 7, Siri gets a new look, a new sound, and new capabilities. It features a redesigned interface that fades into view — on top of whatever's on your screen. A clearer, more natural-sounding female or male voice makes Siri even easier to understand. It's faster at answering questions and it checks more sources, such as Bing, Wikipedia, and Twitter. And Siri takes on extra tasks, like returning calls, playing voicemail, controlling iTunes Radio, and more
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia