OSN Play delivers live streaming and VOD to subscribers in 24 countries, is now available on just about all devices including PC, Mac, iPad and Android tablets, Samsung Smart TV's and now iPhone and Android smartphones.
The platform expansion allows OSN's subscribers to watch television anywhere, anytime, unrestricted by their device or the lack of WiFi. Launched recently to subscribers, early adoption is positive giving users another option to access OSN content.
The iOS tablet app was already popular with subscribers, but since the iPhone addition there has been a significant increase in the total number of iOS apps downloaded. Likewise, with the Android phone app has increased ten-fold for overall Android app downloads.
"Since we launched OSN Play, it has been our aim to make the platform truly mobile and adding 3G / 4G support does that. Additionally our customers have been asking for OSN Play to be accessible on smartphones. Our subscribers continue to crave premium content, anytime, anywhere, and with Piksel's expertise, this smartphone addition extends the viewer's choices," said
The OSN Play project brought together Piksels' multi-disciplined talent and technology solutions. Adapting the user interface for the smaller form-factor smartphone screens was a key UX challenge, and delivering the core content and browse and video playback functionality was achieved through the Piksel VOD store. This, combined with professional services expertise created an OTT solution that works seamlessly for OSN subscribers, no matter the connected device.
"Working with OSN has been a fantastic journey for the entire team at Piksel as we continue to build their OTT offering to meet new consumer demands. A project such as OSN Play, is at the core of our business; multi-platform OTT in combination with the
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses