Actor Anil Kapoor feels excited about his upcoming debut TV show '24' and says it is a beginning of his new career. The thriller based espionage series, which is a remake of the American series '24', will go on air from next month on Colors.
"I spent over 30 years in film industry and now I am on small screen, which I feel is a new career. It's exciting," Kapoor, who was in the city to promote his upcoming debut TV fiction '24', said.
The actor recalled his beginning and said that he visited Jaipur during the release of his first film 'Wo Saat Din'.
To change the content of small screen, he decided to bring the American series to India.
"In the beginning, there used to be good serials and programmes on TV like 'Buniyad' and 'Ramayan' but with the
course of time, situation changed and good serials disappeared. Youths today are far away from TV screens. In
this scenario, I believe that the upcoming fiction will positively change the situation," he said.
The show starting Anil as Jai Singh Rathore also includes Mandira Bedi, Neil Bhoopalam, Tisca Chopra, Anita Raaj,
Anupam Kher, Shabana Azmi, Rahul Khanna and Richa Chadda as the starcast.
Copyright 2013 The Indian Express Online Media Pvt. Ltd., distributed by Contify.com
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia