After nearly two decades, the debate over the ethics and safety of genetically-modified (GM) foods continues.
GM products in
About GM products import
GM technology demands confidence GM technology is not mature yet. Research must be conducted openly and in accordance with the law. If the authorities are more open with the public about their determination to use these technologies to benefit everyone, they will earn respect and support sooner or later.
Chinese GM jitters understandable Although the Chinese government mandated that all GM products be clearly labeled, reports late last year that children in
Â— 2008 - GM rice - China Dozens of children in the town of Jiangkou, located in central
Â— 2006 - GM rice - US US authorities said that LL Rice 601, an unauthorized GMO, had been found in samples of commercial rice on the US market. The US authorities have said that these traces of the unauthorized GM rice do not pose safety concerns, and similar lines are legal on the US market for human and animal consumption.
Web editor: email@example.com
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise