Sept. 16--The Music off Main series will continue Thursday with Southern roots band and long-time Triangle mainstay Old Habits on the lawn outside the Garner Performing Arts Center.
The band plays a blend of Southern roots, bluegrass, rock and country. The band formed in 2003 and, according to a Garner Revitalization press release, "sound(s) like Bill Monroe playing John Prine songs with The Band."
The band consists of Chad Johnson on acoustic guitar, Lin Peterson on banjo, electric guitar and vocals, Craig Thompson on upright bass and vocals, and Evans Nicholson on drums and kazoo. The band originally played bluegrass before morphing into more of a hybrid act.
Town officials also say visitors can expect a fun show that will "keep you dancing all night." The performance will start at 6 p.m. and last until 9 p.m.; admission is free.
Alongside the concert, Market off Main will again present local artists and other businesses a chance to sell their wares. In addition, Rock Star Canvas artist Eric Schreffler will paint as Old Habits performs. Schreffler has been featured on "Tarheel Traveler" for the art he creates while listening to music.
Chairs and blankets are are permitted but coolers are not. Food and drinks are sold at the site.
The Music off Main concert series is presented by the Garner Revitalization Association, Garner Parks and Recreation, Planet Fitness and other sponsors.
Jahner: 919-829-4822; Twitter: @garnercleveland
(c)2013 the Garner-Cleveland Record (Smithfield, N.C.)
Visit the Garner-Cleveland Record (Smithfield, N.C.) at www.garnercleveland.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels