Alcatel-Lucent SaskTel, the full service communications provider in the Canadian province of
The trial took place on a live network between
Trial conducted over a live SaskTel 10G network between
400G technology helps address demand that is being driven by growing customer reliance on multi-media, particularly video and high-speed broadband such as SaskTel's "Infi-net' fiber-to-the-home (FTTH).
SaskTel was among the first service providers globally to deploy high-speed broadband access with Fiber-to-the-Home service and announced a seven-year project in 2011 aimed at delivering FTTH to the company's subscribers.
400G Photonic Service Engine (PSE) electro-optics chip used in trial is capable of carrying up to 400 Gb/s of traffic. The 400G PSE accelerates network speeds fourfold to deliver the highest possible performance per wavelength.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today