Does your organization have an upcoming event? Tell us -- and our web readers -- all about it at dailyherald.com/calendar.
Chicago Sinfonietta performs "Emotion," a concert of classical orchestral dance music with the modern vibe of the hip-hop group FootworKINGz and members of Kuumba Lynx, at 4 p.m. in North Central College's Wentz Concert Hall at the Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville. Tickets: $54 and $42 adults, $10 students and children. Info: (630) 637-7469 or northcentralcollege.edu/showtix.
* North Central College's Independent Film Series, Film Central, has its third annual Fall Festival in conjunction with the Naperville Independent Film Festival starting at 7 p.m. each evening Sept. 15-20 in the college's Smith Hall at Old Main, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville. Foreign film winners from Paris' European Independent Film Festival and selected films submitted to NIFF from across the United States are featured. Info: naperfilmfest.org.
* Explore the Salt Creek Greenway Trail on a Family Bike Ride starting at 3 p.m. in the south parking lot of Community Park, 120 E. Oak St., Addison. Children younger than 15 must be accompanied by an adult 19 years or older. Bring own bike and helmet. Info: addisonparks.org.
* Bring a picnic and enjoy classic rock 'n' roll tunes from 3 to 5:30 p.m. at the Millennium Carillon at the base of Rotary Hill, 443 Aurora Ave., Naperville. The River 95.9-FM broadcasts live and offers on-air contests. Free. Concertgoers are invited to participate in a bike raffle and bring a blanket to donate for the upcoming Bike Bald event on Sept. 29 for St. Baldrick's charity. Info: napervilleparks.org.
The film "Dune" is shown as part of Paramount Theatre's Classic Movie Mondays series at 7 p.m. at 23 E. Galena Blvd., Aurora. Cost: $1. Info: ParamountAurora.com or (630) 896-6666.
* International quilt expert Karen Musgrave speaks on "Quilts in the Attic: Treasures in Our History and Our Lives" at 7 p.m. at the Villa Park Public Library, 305 S. Ardmore Ave., Villa Park. Info: (630) 834-1164 or vppl.info.
Learn the steps of the Argentine tango at 7 p.m. Sept. 18, 2 p.m. Sept. 22 and 7 p.m. Sept. 25 at Glenside Public Library, 25 E. Fullerton Ave., Glendale Heights. Register: (630) 260-1550 or glensidepld.org.
* Make a ceramic Halloween ghost at 7 p.m. at the Villa Park Public Library, 305 S. Ardmore Ave., Villa Park. Cost: $10 for materials. Info: (630) 834-1164 or vppl.info.
Grazing Fest, a fundraiser for the Cosley Foundation, begins at 5:30 p.m. at Cosley Zoo, 1356 N. Gary Ave., Wheaton. Attendees can sample local cuisine, beer, wine and cocktails; enjoy live entertainment; and bid in a silent auction. Cost: $45 members, $50 nonmembers. The foundation raises money to support enhancements and additions at Cosley Zoo. Info: Cosleyzoo.org.
* How to connect jobseekers with employers in DuPage County is the subject of the League of Women Voters of Wheaton program titled "Workforce Development in DuPage" at 7:30 p.m. at Wheaton Park District Community Center, 1777 S. Blanchard, Wheaton. Meet and greet at 7 p.m. Free. Info: email@example.com.
* Learn about "Wills, Trusts and Probates" from Glen Ellyn attorney Charles G. Wentworth from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Glen Ellyn Public Library, 400 Duane St., Glen Ellyn. Info: (630) 469-0879 or gepl.org.
* Learn "How the Affordable Health Care Act Can Benefit You" at 7 p.m. at the Warrenville Public Library, 28W751 Stafford Place, Warrenville. Info: (630) 393-1171.
* A parenting seminar on "Mental Heath and Adolescence: Do I Need to Worry?" is noon to 1 p.m. at Wheaton Park District Community Center, 1777 S. Blanchard St., Wheaton. Free. Register: (630) 393- 3558.
* Former U.S. Sen. Alan J. Dixon presents his new memoir, "The Gentleman from Illinois," at 7 p.m. in North Central College's Meiley-Swallow Hall, 31 S. Ellsworth Ave., Naperville. Tickets available at Anderson's Bookshop. Info: (630) 355-2665.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women