Includes plays, films, festivals, art exhibits and receptions, concerts, dance shows and more. Deadline is two weeks before event.
Newbery Movie Clips & Movie Making: 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 16, Vernon Area Public Library, 300 Olde Half Day Road, Lincolnshire. Author, writer, teacher James Kennedy created the 90 Second Newbery Film Festival. The 90-second films are created and submitted by kids from around the country highlighting Newbery Award winning books. Kennedy will show his favorite movie clips and show students in grades 3-8 how to create their own movie clips about their favorite books. This program is free, but registration is required. Visit www.vapld.info or call (224) 543-1486.
Ordinary Women, Extraordinary Stories: 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 16, Northbrook Public Library, 1201 Cedar Lane, Northbrook. Join Enid Baron, co-editor, and other contributors to the book "Weaving the Threads: Discovering the Patterns of Our Lives 1922-2012" for an author presentation and reading. The book is an anthology of short memoirs from Chicago-area women who came together at a writing workshop in Evanston. A book signing will follow. Call (847) 272- 6224 or visit www.northbrook.info.
Movie Under the Stars: 6:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, Wauconda Area Public Library, 801 N. Main St., Wauconda. Enjoy an after-hours screening of the award-winning "October Sky," the film adaptation of "Rocket Boys." Bring lawn chairs; popcorn and beverages will be provided. Free. Visit wauclib.org.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Bankrupt Detroit Makes Deal With Retired Cops, Firefighters
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April