OSHAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 09/15/13 -- We appreciate the frank and straightforward dialogue with our Unifor partners during this round of negotiations. Since 2009, GM has announced significant product allocation and investments in our Canadian manufacturing facilities demonstrating our commitment to Canada, including a $250 million investment at CAMI to install flexible body shop equipment and tooling, converting the manufacturing facility to support future vehicle production. Throughout the next four years, we will continue to work with our Unifor partners to identify opportunities to enhance the competitiveness of our Canadian operations.
About GM Canada
Headquartered in Oshawa, Ontario, General Motors of Canada Limited (GMCL) employs more than 9,000 people across the country and is a recognized leader in green manufacturing. GMCL markets the full range of fuel-efficient Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles and related services through Canada's largest automotive dealer network. More information regarding GMCL models can be found at www.gm.ca, or by following @GMCanada on Twitter.
General Motors of Canada Limited
905-644-6044 or Cell: 905-442-6555
Most Popular Stories
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device