OSHAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 09/15/13 -- We appreciate the frank and straightforward dialogue with our Unifor partners during this round of negotiations. Since 2009, GM has announced significant product allocation and investments in our Canadian manufacturing facilities demonstrating our commitment to Canada, including a $250 million investment at CAMI to install flexible body shop equipment and tooling, converting the manufacturing facility to support future vehicle production. Throughout the next four years, we will continue to work with our Unifor partners to identify opportunities to enhance the competitiveness of our Canadian operations.
About GM Canada
Headquartered in Oshawa, Ontario, General Motors of Canada Limited (GMCL) employs more than 9,000 people across the country and is a recognized leader in green manufacturing. GMCL markets the full range of fuel-efficient Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles and related services through Canada's largest automotive dealer network. More information regarding GMCL models can be found at www.gm.ca, or by following @GMCanada on Twitter.
General Motors of Canada Limited
905-644-6044 or Cell: 905-442-6555
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan