Sept. 15--Film nuts Jay Duncan and Charles Horak have updated their classic film series.
What Jay's up to: Duncan resurrected his Jay's Pix Presents series last month at the historic Hixon House, 717 W. Yandell in Sunset Heights.
Next up: The series marks Mexico's Declaration of Independence with Paul Muni and Bette Davis in 1939's "Juarez" at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. It's free, but reservations are due Monday at email@example.com.
After that: The 1946 thriller "Dead of Night," with Michael Redgrave, at 7;30 p.m. Oct. 19.
Film Salon: Horak, of the Plaza Classic Film Festival, is devoting his free, monthly Film Salon series to director Preston Sturges this fall. "The Great McGinty" showed last week, with "The Lady Eve" (Oct. 5), "The Palm Beach Story" (Nov. 2) and "The Miracle of Morgan's Creek" (Dec. 7). Go to filmsalon.org.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property