Sept. 15--Film nuts Jay Duncan and Charles Horak have updated their classic film series.
What Jay's up to: Duncan resurrected his Jay's Pix Presents series last month at the historic Hixon House, 717 W. Yandell in Sunset Heights.
Next up: The series marks Mexico's Declaration of Independence with Paul Muni and Bette Davis in 1939's "Juarez" at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. It's free, but reservations are due Monday at email@example.com.
After that: The 1946 thriller "Dead of Night," with Michael Redgrave, at 7;30 p.m. Oct. 19.
Film Salon: Horak, of the Plaza Classic Film Festival, is devoting his free, monthly Film Salon series to director Preston Sturges this fall. "The Great McGinty" showed last week, with "The Lady Eve" (Oct. 5), "The Palm Beach Story" (Nov. 2) and "The Miracle of Morgan's Creek" (Dec. 7). Go to filmsalon.org.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet