Sept. 15--Film nuts Jay Duncan and Charles Horak have updated their classic film series.
What Jay's up to: Duncan resurrected his Jay's Pix Presents series last month at the historic Hixon House, 717 W. Yandell in Sunset Heights.
Next up: The series marks Mexico's Declaration of Independence with Paul Muni and Bette Davis in 1939's "Juarez" at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. It's free, but reservations are due Monday at email@example.com.
After that: The 1946 thriller "Dead of Night," with Michael Redgrave, at 7;30 p.m. Oct. 19.
Film Salon: Horak, of the Plaza Classic Film Festival, is devoting his free, monthly Film Salon series to director Preston Sturges this fall. "The Great McGinty" showed last week, with "The Lady Eve" (Oct. 5), "The Palm Beach Story" (Nov. 2) and "The Miracle of Morgan's Creek" (Dec. 7). Go to filmsalon.org.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response