Sept. 15--Film nuts Jay Duncan and Charles Horak have updated their classic film series.
What Jay's up to: Duncan resurrected his Jay's Pix Presents series last month at the historic Hixon House, 717 W. Yandell in Sunset Heights.
Next up: The series marks Mexico's Declaration of Independence with Paul Muni and Bette Davis in 1939's "Juarez" at 7:30 p.m. Saturday. It's free, but reservations are due Monday at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After that: The 1946 thriller "Dead of Night," with Michael Redgrave, at 7;30 p.m. Oct. 19.
Film Salon: Horak, of the Plaza Classic Film Festival, is devoting his free, monthly Film Salon series to director Preston Sturges this fall. "The Great McGinty" showed last week, with "The Lady Eve" (Oct. 5), "The Palm Beach Story" (Nov. 2) and "The Miracle of Morgan's Creek" (Dec. 7). Go to filmsalon.org.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim