"Behind the Candelabra" won big in Los Angeles Sunday when the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences presented its Creative Arts Primetime Emmy Awards.
Showtime's Liberace biopic won eight Emmys for outstanding casting for a miniseries, movie or special; art direction; hairstyling; costumes and four other technical categories.
"The 66th Annual Tony Awards" on CBS and HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" won four Emmys each, while "House of Cards" on Netflix won two awards -- including one for casting and one for cinematography.
CBS' "Undercover Boss" was named best reality show and Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn of Lifetime's "Project Runway" won for best host of a reality or reality-competition program.
CBS' "The Kennedy Center Honors" was named outstanding variety special, and Louis Horvitz won a directing Emmy for the program.
Louis C.K. won for outstanding writing for a variety special for "Louis C.K.: Oh My God" on HBO.
Carrie Preston won for guest actress in a drama series for CBS' "The Good Wife" and Dan Bucatinsky won for guest actor in a drama series for "Scandal" on ABC. Bob Newhart won for guest actor in a comedy series for "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS and Melissa Leo won for guest actress in a comedy series for "Louie" on FX.
The TV academy presented its Governors Award to veteran voiceover actress June Foray.
Comedy Central's "South Park" was named outstanding animated program.
Emmys in 26 other categories will be presented Sept. 22 at the NOKIA Theatre L.A. Live in ceremonies to be televised over CBS.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista