The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A semiconductor component includes a thinned semiconductor substrate having a back side and a circuit side containing integrated circuits and associated circuitry. The semiconductor component also includes at least one lasered feature on the back side configured to provide selected electrical or physical characteristics for the substrate. The lasered feature can cover the entire back side or only selected areas of the back side, and can be configured to change electrical properties, mechanical properties or gettering properties of the substrate."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Deviprasad Jena; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets