Sept. 14--Piano man: Elton John will perform at "The 65th Emmy Awards" to be broadcast at 5 p.m. Sept. 22 on CBS. The multi-Grammy Award winner's performance will pay tribute to Liberace, whose HBO biopic, "Behind the Candelabra," was nominated for 15 Emmy Awards this year. This performance will accompany the previously announced appearances as presenters by Michael Douglas and Matt Damon, who were both nominated in Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie category for their roles in the film.
While John has played over 3,500 concerts in his career, this marks his first appearance at the Emmy Awards. John's upcoming album, "The Diving Board," his first studio album in seven years which is produced by T Bone Burnett, will be released on Sept. 24.
Cast act: The first casting for new Syfy cable channel series "Dominion" include Christopher Egan, Tom Wisdom and Alan Dale. The pilot is set to begin shooting later this month in Cape Town, South Africa.
Based on characters from the film "Legion," "Dominion" is a supernatural action drama set 25 years after the events of the movie and picking up in the aftermath of a war between an army of angels and mankind that has transformed the world. The series follows the journey of a soldier who discovers he's the unlikely savior of humanity.
Talk, talk, talk: Alec Baldwin will join MSNBC as the host of a new weekly current events and culture talk show to air 7 p.m. Fridays. "Up Late w/Alec Baldwin" will begin this October.
Baldwin is the winner of two Emmy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, eight SAG Awards and a Television Critics Association Award for his role as Jack Donaghy on NBC's "30 Rock." He has appeared in more than 40 films including "Blue Jasmine."
(c)2013 The Fresno Bee (Fresno, Calif.)
Visit The Fresno Bee (Fresno, Calif.) at www.fresnobee.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.