The latest release of EVO includes new project/asset management functionality, quota features, and doubled storage scalability for production teams of any size. EVO is SNS’s complete shared storage server with SAN and NAS features. The “All in One Box” system combines a high-performance storage array – capable of nearly 2.5 GB/s throughput and 4K support – with extensive connectivity options including 1/10 Gb/s Ethernet and 8/16 Gb/s Fibre Channel. EVO can be a SAN, a NAS, or both at the same time, and is developed and tuned for the demanding workflow needs of TV, film, video, graphics, VFX, animation, audio, and broadcast production environments.
Among numerous major upgrades to the system EVO v5.5 now introduces and includes great new functionality that can tie all site-wide storage and project/media management into a single comprehensive window.
A new rich client interface – similar to Finder/Explorer but created by SNS for professional media teams – enables users to search across all EVO storage as well as local, offline, and other network disks. Files can now be indexed on the fly, and users can more easily find, preview, and share media assets and projects. The new interface also offers the capability to securely ingest and migrate data using built-in verification.
“Content creators have to deal with media and projects across a diversity of storage types and locations,” stated
The latest EVO gives professional media creation teams total flexibility with built-in SAN and NAS, 100% more storage capacity, enhanced features like automatic project file locking, project/bin sharing, RAID 5/6, NAS quotas, and remote monitoring and setup.
New in EVO Version 5.5 – Hardware and Software features include:
• Search, Index, Verify, and Preview assets
• Search offline and local storage
• Distributed, Scheduled, and On The Fly Indexing
• Mix SSD, SAS, and SATA disks
• Up to 64 disks per EVO node
• Dynamic workspace resizing
• Active Directory / LDAP Integration
EVO v5.5 can be ordered in 8 bay and 16 bay configurations, starting at
About Studio Network Solutions (SNS)
SNS is a leading provider of shared storage hardware and software technology for Mac, Windows & Linux workgroups. For over 15 years SNS has been advancing workflow efficiency for the media and entertainment, broadcast, post production, digital content creation, game development, and education and government marketplaces. For more information visit, http://www.studionetworksolutions.com
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11115707.htm
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response