U.S. pop star Selena Gomez says she plans to take a break from recording music so she can focus on her acting career.
"I'm on tour, so I am in the middle of music at the moment," Gomez, 21, told reporters in New York recently while promoting her new film "Getaway."
"I am a woman, so I change my mind all the time. So, one day I want to do acting and just that and one day I want to do music and just that. So, it kind of changes. But ['Stars Dance'] is my last record for a while. I am going to tour it and then just kind of get into acting for a really long time, hopefully. That's what I would like," said the Texas native, whose credits include the films "Spring Breakers," "Hotel Transylvania," "Monte Carlo" and "Ramona and Beezus," and the TV series "Wizards of Waverly Place."
Directed by Courtney Solomon and shot in Bulgaria, "Getaway" is an action flick about a tech-savvy young woman who tries to help a man rescue his kidnapped wife.
The film co-stars Ethan Hawke and Jon Voigt.
"I've been wanting to do different things, starting with 'Spring Breakers,' and doing some other fun roles and I wanted to do an action movie, so the opportunity to be able to play a tomboy who knows about all of this stuff that I don't know about," Gomez said regarding what appealed to her about "Getaway." "I got to dye my hair black. I asked Courtney if I could dye my hair black. Just the opportunity to be somebody else and, obviously, being able to work with Ethan was an honor."
Co-starring Rebecca Budig, Paul Freeman and Bruce Payne, "Getaway" is in theaters now.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006