Every month, millions of people around the world will ditch their current smartphone in favor of something bigger, faster, lighter, or better looking. Or maybe a single component in the phone is faulty and you just have to end up buying an entirely new phone. But what if you could replace or upgrade your phone's individual components? That kind of crazy thinking is the idea behind Phonebloks , a concept phone that you can 'build' using blocks, kind of like a LEGO phone. You can add in wi-fi, Bluetooth, storage, battery, processor – everything you need to make a working smartphone. The beauty of this concept is that if you want to upgrade a particular component such as the processor, screen, or battery, you just swap it out with a better version. [embedded content] The project is curently trying to gain momentum online, after which a detailed petition will be sent out to various tech leads and CEOs to see if they can come together to support and build such a phone. What do you think – would you buy the Phonebloks?
COPYRIGHT 2013 TBREAK MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Cold Dis-comfort: Antarctica Set Record of -135.8
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Uruguay Gets Ready for Legal Marijuana
- Oldaker Takes Center Stage at Entrepreneur Awards
- Obama Delivers Speech at Mandela Memorial: Transcript
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim