Sept. 13--KETCHUM-- Magic Lantern Cinemas' fall festival -- featuring three weeks of this year's best films -- starts today.
The festival will feature documentary, independent and foreign films every Thursday through Oct. 3.
"The film festival features films that present some topics that many people have always wondered about," said Rick Kessler, owner of the Magic Lantern Cinemas. "There's something for everyone. There's heavy and then there's light."
Films such as "20 Feet From Stardom," a documentary about backup singers, bring these talented artists who live and work on the edge of the spotlight into the forefront.
"The Attack" is a dramatic film about an Israeli-Palestinian surgeon who has fully assimilated into Tel-Aviv society. His picture-perfect life is turned upside down when the police inform him that not only was his wife, Sihem, killed in a terrorist bombing, but she was the suicide bomber.
"Drinking Buddies," starring Ron Livingston of "Office Space," is a romantic comedy.
Another type of comedy starring cinema favorite Paul Rudd, as well as Emil Hirsch, is "Prince Avalanche."It tells the story of two highway road workers who spend the summer of 1988 away from their city lives.
These are just a few of the films included in this year's fall festival.
Check out the trailers of the festival picks -- as well as show times -- at www.magiclanterncinemas.com or call 208-726-4274 for information.
(c)2013 The Times-News (Twin Falls, Idaho)
Visit The Times-News (Twin Falls, Idaho) at magicvalley.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief