LatinoJustice PRLDEF, long known by its former name the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund, will host a Twitter interview with its president Juan Cartagena on Thursday, Sept. 19.
The social media chat, titled "Latino Civil Rights & Higher Ed," will explore:
*The role that higher education plays in the Latino civil rights agenda
*The intersection of affirmative action admissions policies and Latino civil rights
*"Dreamers" and the movement to secure higher education access for undocumented youth
LatinoJustice PRLDEF is a New York-based national civil rights organization with the goal of changing discriminatory practices via advocacy and litigation. Privately funded, nonprofit and nonpartisan, it is part of the umbrella Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights.
To follow along or join the Twitter chat on Sept. 19 at 2 p.m. EST, send in questions and comments using the hashtag #ttgpchat.
The Twitter conversation is hosted by TTG+Partners, a communications consultancy with the unique focus on promoting diversity and equity in higher education. TTG+Partners' Twitter chat series spotlights hot topics and trends in higher education, especially as they relate to matters of diversity and equity.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu