LatinoJustice PRLDEF, long known by its former name the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund, will host a Twitter interview with its president Juan Cartagena on Thursday, Sept. 19.
The social media chat, titled "Latino Civil Rights & Higher Ed," will explore:
*The role that higher education plays in the Latino civil rights agenda
*The intersection of affirmative action admissions policies and Latino civil rights
*"Dreamers" and the movement to secure higher education access for undocumented youth
LatinoJustice PRLDEF is a New York-based national civil rights organization with the goal of changing discriminatory practices via advocacy and litigation. Privately funded, nonprofit and nonpartisan, it is part of the umbrella Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights.
To follow along or join the Twitter chat on Sept. 19 at 2 p.m. EST, send in questions and comments using the hashtag #ttgpchat.
The Twitter conversation is hosted by TTG+Partners, a communications consultancy with the unique focus on promoting diversity and equity in higher education. TTG+Partners' Twitter chat series spotlights hot topics and trends in higher education, especially as they relate to matters of diversity and equity.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American