US based research firm,
Figures from the
In 2005, the number of mobile connections in
However, the research company said despite
As such, mobile users in
The strategies, according to Manifest Mind, include the use of multiple subscriber identification module (SIM) cards in their phones and the extensive sharing of phones between users or families.
Given this use of multiple SIM cards, Manifest Mind estimates that mobile phone penetration rates for unique subscribers are well below other popular market estimates.
This exposes a mobile telecommunications market of more than 700 million people who are yet to own their own phone, Manifest explains.
Mobile network operators are to be the largest beneficiaries of the growth during the forecast period, followed by mobile distributors and retailers, says Manifest.
The research company goes on to say that application developers and content providers are also predicted to benefit during the period.
However, demand for smartphones could also rise significantly during the forecast period, it said.
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Hispanic PR Firm Launches Chicago Chapter