"We are thrilled to continue to innovate in the delivery of premium video for service providers, using Microsoft PlayReady DRM technology to extend reach and enable compelling business models," said Hayete Gallot, senior director, PlayReady business of Microsoft Corp. "Envivio Halo offers a broad and advanced feature set, and the integration with PlayReady facilitates deployment of advanced services for customers seeking to monetize multi-screen and deliver the best user experience possible."
Content protection is critical to avoid illegal redistribution of video assets and maintain revenue streams for operators. Civolution's NexGuard forensic watermarking solution, combined with the Envivio Muse transcoder and Halo Experience Server, enables watermarking for live Internet or over-the-top (OTT) services. It allows service providers to easily identify streaming sessions without impacting the viewer's experience. Each user receives video with a unique and personalized watermark, which can be detected during illegal redistribution of the stream leading to the identification of the source of content theft.
"The NexGuard forensic watermarking solution helps protect content streamed across a wide range of devices, by ensuring that potential leaks are attributed to an individual," said
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors