Family connections helped one Omaha couple sign up U2 frontman Bono as their wedding singer last weekend.
Bono took the microphone and sang "Stand By Me" at the reception for billionaire Warren Buffett's granddaughter, Emily Greenberg.
One of the guests at the wedding posted a video of Bono's performance online at http://bit.ly/14yzD9U.
The Omaha World-Herald first reported the Friday night performance before 285 wedding guests. Buffett and his three children, Susie, Howard and Peter, all attended.
The Buffetts and Bono have become close while working on similar philanthropic causes. Susie Buffett serves on the board of the DATA charity Bono co-founded in 2002 to focus on Debt, AIDS, Trade and Africa.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original Headline: U2 frontman Bono sings at Buffett family wedding
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Jay Z, Kanye Delight Fans With Two-Hour Set at SXSW
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- Accused Killer Texted Son Moments Before Shooting Man for Texting: Prosecutors