The STiH312 device will allow next-generation set-top boxes to stream HEVC high-definition content over lower-speed broadband connections, including content with 2160p resolution (known as UltraHD, or UHD), that significantly augments the viewing experience for end users with more realistic and in-the-action immersion. Moreover, combined with the HEVC standard, UHD increases the number of households accessing very high-quality content while reducing delivery costs for service providers.
The STiH305 and STiH310 support a wide range of video standards (including H.264 and/or HEVC) and enable a new generation of cost-optimized set-top boxes that allow operators to deliver services with reduced bandwidth utilization, including best-in-class solution for HEVC HD content.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today