"Jurassic World" to hit theaters in mid-2015
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 10 (Xinhua) -- Filmmaker Steven Spielberg's next production project, "Jurassic World," is set to debut on June 12, 2015, the Universal Pictures said Tuesday.
The film, which is to be released in 3D version, is formerly and officially known as "Jurassic Park 4," the fourth entry in the classic dinosaur-themed franchise. Aside from Spielberg, Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley will also produce the film.
Colin Trevorrow ("Safety Not Guaranteed") and Derek Connoly wrote the screenplay. Trevorrow will also be the helmsman behind the big- budget flick.
Since the first film "Jurassic Park" hit theaters in 1993, the first three installments in the epic sci-fi adventure film series have grossed 1.9 billion U.S. dollars at the box office.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate