To learn more about Hive Streaming, join us at IBC 2013 in the Microsoft meeting space in Hall 13 at RAI Amsterdam
Hive Streaming is a software based content distribution solution that can be easily deployed by network administrators, broadcasters and content aggregators in order to efficiently deliver live and linear video over enterprise networks, private networks, and the Internet.
Hive is hosted on Microsoft’s Windows Azure platform, and will be available as a built-in component of Windows Azure Media Services Live. As a built-in component, Hive can be used as a highly cost-effective and qualitative way for organizations to distribute video with or without the use of a traditional CDN.
“As the demand for live streaming continues to grow, Hive provides broadcasters and network managers with a scalable and easily deployable software-based content distribution solution that keeps network traffic local,” said
Hive can be easily integrated into most existing content management and player environments and is currently being used by a select number of large enterprise customers for video distribution. Hive will soon be available for partners and customers around the world via
“Windows Azure Media Services currently provides customers with a highly scalable and reliable platform of ready-to-use services for cloud-based digital video preparation and delivery,” said Sudheer Sirivara, Director,
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says