The 2013 Futron Forecast of Global Satellite Services Demand shows an expected 6% annual growth before crossing the
• Deployment of broader capacity in all frequency bands.
• Growth of consumer-oriented services, such as Direct-to-Home (DTH) video and mobility-based broadband technologies.
• Growth in global mobility applications, particularly maritime and aeronautical.
• Continued growth, albeit at a slower pace, of military demand for commercial satellite communications.
• Expansion of the service delivery model from (commoditized) wholesale transponder capacity to end-to-end solutions and managed services.
• Technology innovation, such as electronic propulsion and dynamic power allocation (and possibly lower cost launch).
• Creative partnerships are being established with satellite manufacturers, equipment providers, resellers, and customers – including everything from hosted payloads to hybrid network operations, to the repurposing of on-orbit assets for new services, new markets and new customers.
ABOUT THE REPORT
Futron’s 2013 demand forecast provides analysis and data by application, by region, and by frequency band (including C-, Ka-, Ku-, and X-band) measured in both transponders and throughput. Additional features include a five year transponder supply forecast, as well as commentary on technology developments, key market drivers and potential growth inhibitors, and pricing trends. Detailed data charts in the Appendix offer sufficient granularity to enable user-defined analysis. The Executive Summary is available for complimentary download. To learn more about the Futron Forecast, visit http://www.futron.com/2013_Futron_Forecast.xml.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Futron/Forecast/prweb11115118.htm
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief