Demonstration Showcases SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbps (USB 3.1) Data Transfer Speeds of 900 MB/s on Fresco Logic's
“The USB-IF is pleased to see Fresco Logic develop early implementations that showcase key features supported by the USB 3.1 specification,” said
In parallel with the development of the USB 3.1 Specification, Fresco Logic has constructed a hardware prototyping platform consisting of a PCI Express® add-in card with a Xilinx® FPGA device implementing Fresco Logic’s SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbps Host and Device Controllers. With link flow control, packet framing and protocol layer overhead considered, a measured data transfer rate of 900 MB/s proves that very high throughput can be achieved for USB 3.1 applications.
“We have leveraged over 20 years of system, component, and IP design expertise to architect SuperSpeed USB Host and Device Controllers that perform to the high standards of our customers. This demonstration represents our commitment to being technology leaders and to helping our customers deliver first-to-market solutions with leading edge performance.” said Robert McVay CTO of Fresco Logic. “Just as with USB 3.0, we look forward to working closely with our partners and the USB ecosystem to enable the successful deployment of the USB 3.1 standard into the market.”
About Fresco Logic
Fresco Logic is a fabless chip company providing advanced solutions that deliver highly-efficient connectivity, such as USB 3.0, for next-generation consumer electronics, personal computing, storage and mobile devices.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information on Fresco Logic Products visit: http://www.frescologic.com/
Source: Fresco Logic
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response