Category: Baystreet Newswire
Company: TDM Financial
What is Vitamin D2?
Vitamin D2, or ergocalciferol, is a provitamin form of vitamin D that is considered to be as effective as vitamin D3 that is produced naturally by the skin when exposed to ultraviolet light. In nature, vitamin D2 is most commonly found in mushrooms where it is produced synthetically through irradiation of ergosterol in concentrations as high as 524 IU. Supplements have been able to significantly increase this dosage in order to maximize benefit.
In nutrition, vitamin D is considered an “essential antioxidant” responsible for maintaining blood levels of phosphorus and calcium that promotes bone mineralization and calcium absorption. The vitamin is also responsible for maintaining a healthy immune system and regulating cell differentiation and growth, with deficiencies in the vitamin linked to obesity, diabetes, and an increasing number of serious medical conditions.
Vitamin D2’s Role in Disease
Vitamin D could have a role in improving a number of different health conditions ranging from autism to diabetes, according to research compiled by the
Some of the most important clinical studies are being conducted on conditions like Parkinson’s Disease with great promise. Anecdotally, in
ErgoD2(TM)’s Promising Results
Here’s an illustration of the results form a recent investor presentation:
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise