Enthought Canopy is a robust application platform that accelerated FEI’s Velox software development and deployment. The Canopy application infrastructure includes a software plug-in framework, a development environment, update and deployment management tools, and open-source packages for science and analysis that have hundreds of person-years of development behind them. By providing the application infrastructure, Canopy enabled the development team to concentrate its efforts on building cutting-edge analysis, visualization and work-flow capabilities for electron microscopy. The popular, intuitive Python language allows FEI and its customers to quickly extend the Velox software through scripting and open platform application programming interfaces (APIs) to agilely meet specific end user needs.
“In partnership with Enthought, we made the strategic decision to adopt the Canopy platform and move towards a Python stack for our new Velox software line,” says
“For more than a decade Enthought has been fortunate to work with, and help accelerate innovation at such world-class organizations as FEI,” states Dr.
Founded in 2001,
Enthought and Canopy are registered trademarks of
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11082994.htm
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.