Sept. 12--Paula Wagner, best known as Tom Cruise's former longtime producing partner, has been tapped to produce the 5th annual Governors Awards for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
At the gala, Angelina Jolie with be presented with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award and Angela Lansbury, Steve Martin and costume designer Piero Tosi with be given honorary Oscars.
The non-televised event is scheduled for Nov. 16.
"Paula's expertise, coupled with her love for film, makes her the ideal person to produce this special event," said academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs. "She is certain to deliver an exciting and memorable evening for our honorees and guests."
Wagner's feature film credits include the first three "Mission: Impossible" films, "Vanilla Sky," "The Others" and "The Last Samurai." She also produced the television film "Five" and three Broadway plays.
She and Cruise were also selected to oversee United Artists back in 2006. She stayed in the role of chief executive for two years.
Wagner now produces film and theater through her company Chestnut Ridge Productions.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say