Sept. 12--LANESBORO -- Silent movies return to Lanesboro this weekend.
The 2013 silent movies organized by Lanesboro Community Theater will feature fractured fairy tales starring local people performing in "Jack and the Beanstalk," "Cinderella" and "The White Cat of Dovre Mountain."
The movies will be shown at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday in Lanesboro's Sylvan Park.
The films were produced by Sandy Webb. "Our motive was to provide an avenue for people to discover the freedom of acting in a silent movie," she said. About 80 local people appear in the movies, she said.
In addition to the movies, there will be live entertainment between films. Bring a lawn chair and blanket for comfort. Refreshments will be available.
DVDs of the movies are available for $10.
(c)2013 the Post-Bulletin
Visit the Post-Bulletin at www.postbulletin.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women