Sept. 12--As You Like It: The electronic music party celebrates its third anniversary with DJs Jeff Mills, Kassem Mosse, Daniel Wang and more. 9 p.m. Friday. $20 presale. Public Works, 161 Erie St., S.F. www.ayli-sf.com.
Local Natives: This L.A. band burst onto the scene via its 2010 debut, the critically acclaimed "Gorilla Manor." The band sold more than 100,000 albums in the States and headlined major festivals around the world. Little has changed since Local Natives released its sophomore effort, "Hummingbird," earlier this year. With Wild Nothing. 8 p.m. Thursday. $29.50. The Fox Theater, 1807 Telegraph Ave., Oakland. (510) 302-2250. www.thefoxoakland.com.
The Weeknd: The Weeknd's Abel Tesfaye released his highly anticipated debut studio album, "Kiss Land," this week. It's easy to see why listeners are so anxious to hear "Kiss Land": His debut, "Trilogy," landed at No. 4 on the Billboard Top 200, reached No. 2 on the iTunes overall albums chart and was platinum-certified. With Banks, Anna Lunoe. 8 p.m. Friday. The Greek Theatre, UC Berkeley. www.apeconcerts.com.
(c)2013 the San Francisco Chronicle
Visit the San Francisco Chronicle at www.sfgate.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring