Sept. 12--A documentary film about oppression and victimization of women and girls will be shown in two parts at 7 p.m. Sept. 18-19 at Assisi Heights in Rochester.
"Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity," was filmed in 10 countries. In the film, women tell their stories of forced prostitution, sex trafficking and gender-based violence. The film also shows how some women escape victimization to start new lives.
The film will be followed by a panel discussion both nights. Admission is free; a freewill donation will be accepted.
(c)2013 the Post-Bulletin
Visit the Post-Bulletin at www.postbulletin.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB