Sept. 12--A documentary film about oppression and victimization of women and girls will be shown in two parts at 7 p.m. Sept. 18-19 at Assisi Heights in Rochester.
"Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity," was filmed in 10 countries. In the film, women tell their stories of forced prostitution, sex trafficking and gender-based violence. The film also shows how some women escape victimization to start new lives.
The film will be followed by a panel discussion both nights. Admission is free; a freewill donation will be accepted.
(c)2013 the Post-Bulletin
Visit the Post-Bulletin at www.postbulletin.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare