Sept. 12--A documentary film about oppression and victimization of women and girls will be shown in two parts at 7 p.m. Sept. 18-19 at Assisi Heights in Rochester.
"Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity," was filmed in 10 countries. In the film, women tell their stories of forced prostitution, sex trafficking and gender-based violence. The film also shows how some women escape victimization to start new lives.
The film will be followed by a panel discussion both nights. Admission is free; a freewill donation will be accepted.
(c)2013 the Post-Bulletin
Visit the Post-Bulletin at www.postbulletin.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Existing Home Sales Drop for 3rd Month
- Hispanic PR Firm Launches Chicago Chapter