Quito, Ecuador/Paris, France - Alcatel-Lucent(Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU), and Corporacion Nacional de Telecomunicaciones(CNT) deploy the first 4G LTE high-speed mobile broadband network in EcuadorCovering the cities of Guayaquil, Cuenca, Machala and Loja, as well as most ofthe major cities in Ecuadors Pacific Coast and Southern area.
The new network will provide the increased capacity of high-speed mobilebroadband to enable a range of services and application over mobile devices atdownload speeds of up to 100 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 40Mbps. These speeds will enable CNT to offer enhanced fixed, mobile andconvergent services, such as high definition video streaming to a wide range ofcustomers in Ecuador.
* CNT is deploying Alcatel-Lucent's 4G LTE solution toprovide ultra-bandwidth connectivity to cities of Guayaquil,Cuenca, Machala and Loja, as well as most of the major cities in EcuadorsPacific Coast and Southern area without any disruption to the existing 2G and3G services.
* First 4G LTE network in Ecuador, will deliver speeds of up to 100 Mbps toenable advanced services and applications in financial, industrial andresidential areas with high concentration of users, and to provide publicaccess for academic and recreational centers.
* CNT deploys Alcatel-Lucent's 4G LTE base stations and the 5620Service Aware Manager (5620 SAM).
* Agreement follows successful trial in Amazonas and Estadio areas of Quitoconducted earlier this year by Alcatel-Lucent and CNT.
* 4G LTE coverage to be extended into rural areas of Ecuador previouslyunserved or underserved with high-speed broadband.
* CNT uses Alcatel-Lucent's 4G LTE solution to develop plans that willimprove network data capacity services and to expand national coverage,including bringing new service, such a HD video, advanced online games,telepresence, e-learning, and public safety.
* Alcatel-Lucent has established a strong global leadership position in 4GLTE with more than 40 contracts for commercial deployments, including two ofthe largest 4G LTE network roll-outs to date, with two more in process and morethan 40 trials worldwide.
Cesar Regalado, general manager, CNT said: "CNT demonstrates itsleadership in deploying 4G LTE, as well as integrating fixed, mobile andconvergent services. CNT is committed to increasingly improve its coverage andthe quality of connectivity, offering the highest standards of service,investing in new technology platforms and extending its telecommunicationsnetworks. Bringing high-speed mobile broadband to its customers is part of thatcommitment."