ADB DEBUTS GRAPHYNE MULTI-SCREEN USER EXPERIENCE: CONSISTENT PERSONALISED NAVIGATION FOR ALL FORMS OF DIGITAL CONTENT AND APPS
•First user experience to treat all media types equally, whether live TV content, OTT content, music, photos or third party apps including social media and
Graphyne features walls as shortcuts to recommended content, a media bar and content-sensitive action menus. It provides access to the entire Pay-TV offer, OTT content, third-party applications, and each user's personal digital media libraries, yet offers easy navigation and an intuitive lean-back TV experience. Support for HTML5 gives operators the flexibility to add new services and adopt a cloud model in the future.
The user no longer needs to know where any piece of content resides as Graphyne provides equal access to everything on the home network and beyond - whether linear TV, DVR content, OTT/VOD and catch-up, social media applications,
With Graphyne, the set-top box or gateway is transformed into a multimedia hub that makes switching between photos, songs and videos as quick and easy as changing channels. Users have speedy access to content with
A new remote control uses a simple subset of keys for navigation, while maintaining familiar controls so end users never get lost. Operators can add shortcut keys to jump directly to their most important services.
Subscribers can also use their iOS and Android devices as remote controls. Where different members of a family use their own devices, the system automatically personalises the experience for that individual with their favourites. Graphyne is designed from the outset to support navigation using gesture input devices as the technology becomes widely available.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping