Suunto Ambit 2 has a firmware update that is a "must have" for all Suunto Ambit 2 owners according to the
TRACKBACK - ITS HUGE
"The new Ambit 2 1.5 Software upgrade adds trackback navigation to the Suunto Ambit 2 watch collection and adds a feature that only
NEW RECORDING INTERVAL (POWER SAVING) OPTIONS
Initially, the Suunto Ambit 2 only allowed for 1 second or 60 second recording intervals but a 5 second recording interval has been added for power conservation. "The 5 second should be fine for hikers, while most bikers and runners will still opt for one second recording intervals for greater accuracy on distance and maps", says Squire.
You can now view sunrise and sunset times in altimeter and barometer mode. The times are based on the last recorded GPS location, so GPS must have been activated for the times to be available.
"In custom sport modes, you can set the displays to automatically scroll during an exercise. In Movescount you can turn the scrolling on or off and set the scroll speed", says Squire. He adds, "While exercising, you can also turn off automatic scrolling in the options menu without affecting Movescount settings".
"There were several other swim feature enhancements but all-in-all we are very satisfied with this firmware upgrade because it went a long way toward cementing the Suunto Ambit 2 as the adventure GPS sports watch leader", says Squire.
"If you'd like to purchase an Ambit 2, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire or Ambit 2S then visit the
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11104526.htm
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low